In the early 1900's, John T. Smith operated an undertaking business on the Oval. He was later joined by his son, L. Keeley Smith and in 1937 they purchased the current property located at 63 Elm Street.

In the late 1950's, James E. Heald joined the funeral home, became a partner and the name was changed to Smith & Heald Funeral Home. Today, the funeral home is operated by two of his daughters, Deborah L. Quinlan and Gretchen Heald-Brooks.
 

Feel free to email us at:  smithheald@aol.com